Will The Miami Dolphins Have Ronnie Brown And Ricky Williams Next Year?

Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams have been great for the Miami Dolphins, don't get me wrong, but I have a strong feeling that at least one of them will be gone from Miami at the end of this year.

Neither back has done very well this season, and even though that is more the fault of coaching I think the Dolphins will get rid of at least one of them.

And, if I had to bet on who the Dolphins get rid of I would definitely guess Ronnie. It was possible that Ronnie wouldn't have even played for Miami this year, but whatever contract problems Brown had with the Dolphins were settled and he is here this year.

Ronnie has been great, though. This is his 6th year in the NFL, and he has been a Dolphins for all 6 years. In his first five seasons he ran for a combined 4081 rushing yards and 31 rushing touchdowns. Add that to 1249 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, and he has a pretty nice resume.

Miami just hasn't been able to use him correctly this season, and instead of blaming it on themselves they will just chalk it up as Ronnie's fault and release him. Running backs have short shelf lives, and they become even shorter when they aren't producing.

As for Ricky, I think that the Dolphins will keep him if he is willing to stay and not retire. He has done well even with bad play calling, and I believe he is still talented enough to keep despite his age. Add that to the fact that he won't demand an expensive contract and I don't know why they wouldn't keep him.

That's all I have for now. Sorry, I know this isn't my best work, but I have a lot of other work to do tonight so I had to get something up quickly.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to leave a comment on whether you think the Dolphins will get rid of either running back.

Subscribe to DolphinShout