Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wants Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning is on the top of Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross' wish list, according to Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post.

Volin goes on to say that the Dolphins would be very happy to get Green Bay's Matt Flynn instead, but their Ross' first choice for Miami is Manning.

Stephen Ross wants a franchise quarterback for the Miami Dolphins. That much is very obvious. He knows what it takes now to win football games, and I have a feeling that he will be willing to pay really big money to win those games.

I'm not sure what kind of contract offer Peyton Manning will get from the Dolphins, but I would not be surprised if the offer sets some type of record for a quarterback.

Before Manning enters free agency two things have to happen for Miami to be able to offer him a contract. First, the Colts need to be willing to release him. He is due $28 million if they keep him next year, which is a very steep price that they aren't expected to pay him when they can just sign Andrew Luck. Next, he needs to prove that he is healthy enough to play. That could be the biggest obstacle. After all, he did miss all of last year with his neck injury. He needs to be sure that he is healthy before he can play again.

If both of those things happen, then I want Miami to get him no matter the price. I don't care how old he is. Just look at his numbers during the last few seasons that he played and tell me honestly that you don't want that. Here's the link to his full stats: Peyton Manning.

Say whatever you want about Manning, but the fact of the matter is this: he was able to win a ton of games with a surrounding cast that wasn't as nearly as good as the Dolphins current roster. AND, if he stays healthy we could have him for another 3-5 years. I don't know about you, but that sounds amazing to me. Adding Manning would turn us into instant Super Bowl contenders, and I firmly believe that.

I know Coach Philbin said that he doesn't believe in a team being just "one player away", and he may be right, but they are one "top 5 greatest quarterback in the history of the NFL" away. Manning is like Brett Favre after he left Green Bay times two. He still has a few great years left in him. I'll take that all day.

I hope I am preaching to the choir on this one, but I don't think that I am. Let me know what you guys think. Do you agree with me? If not, why?

Thanks for stopping by.



Follow DolphinShout on Twitter