Talent On The Miami Dolphins

I hear the word Talent mentioned quite a bit with the Dolphins.

I can tell you one thing right now, I'm not able to judge the talent of a football player well. I know when a guy looks good to me, but that doesn't mean that much. I don't think there are many of us that have the expertise to say this team is talented, yet we hear that all the time, "This team is getting more talent every year." Compared to what, or whom?

Sure, we have more talent then we did before the trifecta came here. So did every other team in the NFL for that matter. It doesn't take much to improve on that!

One thing we don't have is the talent to compete with the big boys of the league.

Leave off the excuses and we lost to the Steelers, Saints, Colts, Patriots once, Chargers, Falcons, and even lost 1 game to the Bills!

THE BILLS? Ladies and Gentlemen that is NOT getting it done. The reason is because of the lack of talent.

The good thing is that the front office knows it. We saw evidence of it this off season.

They canned nearly every linebacker, and for good reason. Do you remember when they went linebacker crazy in the draft? What they thought of the talent in that core of players? It was the same at the safety position. Even the offensive line was reshaped, and I thought they were pretty good last year.

That is a perfect example that I don't know what I'm looking at. Judging by what I have seen about how good the offensive line was last year, it appears the experts are no better at judging the talent of this team than I am.

I'm glad that we have a management team in place that knows what talent is, and is trying to improve upon it. The question is: ARE they getting it done?

Subscribe to DolphinShout