Brandon Marshall Likely Out, Chad Henne Likely In For The Miami Dolphins

The Only Thing Harder Than Finding A Picture Of Marshall's Hamstring Injury Is Finding A Picture Of Him Scoring A Touchdown In A Miami Dolphins Jersey
From what I can tell, Brandon Marshall is probably not going to play this Sunday against the Raiders due to a hamstring injury.

This will be a significant blow to the Miami Dolphins passing game, but I think it may actually be a good thing for the rest of the season. Losing Marshall will force offensive coordinator Dan Henning to use Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams more in the game, which he has failed to do up to this point.

Instead of putting the game entirely on the quarterback's shoulders, Henning will have to use Ronnie and Ricky a lot more, and that is a good thing. He may not want to use them as much as he will, but that's a good thing. We don't want the offense to run the way Henning wants it to anymore.

I almost get the impression that Henning doesn't care about how the offense plays anymore. It sure doesn't look like he does with the Dolphins recent offensive performance. I am actually kind of glad that Miami didn't score a point against the Bears because it brought on the "crayon and a pizza box" rant by Mark Schlereth, which brought the terrible play calling to light.

If they hadn't done so bad in that game, I don't think there would be much talk about firing Henning even though his play calling has been consistently bad for the entire season, not just the Thursday night shutout.


I have also heard good news about Chad Henne's health. He has been practicing with the team, and it appears that he will be ready to play against the Raiders. The question is, will Miami Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano allow him to start, or will he put Tyler Thigpen in as the starter again?

Nobody from the Dolphins organization has said anything, so we can't be sure, but I have a feeling Henne will be starting. He was playing really well against Tennessee before he injured his left knee, and it seems to me like he has come back with a little more fire in him.

I have a good feeling about this Sunday's game even though Miami is pretty much out of the playoffs. We could see a completely different Chad Henne(in a good way) against the Raiders, and I am excited to see what he can do. Let's just hope that the Miami Dolphins offensive line can hold up long enough for him to throw it.

That's it for now. I hope everyone enjoyed a day off for Thanksgiving. I know I did!

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Subscribe to DolphinShout