The Channing Crowder Situation: Angry And Funny At The Same Time

After Sunday's loss to Baltimore, Miami Dolphins LB Channing Crowder got pretty mad and accused Ravens RB Le'Ron McClain.

Crowder was interviewed in the locker room after the game, and even though the interview was completely serious, there are still some funny little quotes that we can get from it.

McClain denies ever spitting on him, but I find that hard to believe because Crowder wouldn't just lie about that. I have put up a video for you guys, and in the video you can see McClain spitting on Crowder as well as part of Crowder's reaction.



It is pretty obvious he spit on him, and Crowder has right to be mad. What I find funny about the whole thing, though, is a certain part of Crowder's interview. Here is the funny part courtesy of ESPN's AFC East Blog:

Crowder said referee John Parry's officiating crew wasn't sympathetic.

"Then they said something about they let [Dolphins linebacker] Karlos Dansby get away with a facemask the play before," Crowder said. "Who the f--- cares? A guy just spit in my face! I don't give a damn about Karlos pulling somebody's facemask. Like they didn't see [Dolphins quarterback] Chad Henne get hit twice when he slid. Yeah, a little Stevie Wonder and Anne Frank."

Crowder might have been done talking right then, but I had to ask what he meant by Anne Frank.

"Who was that? Is that the blind girl?" Crowder said.

Helen Keller, I suggested.

"Helen Keller," he said. "I don't know who the f--- Anne Frank is. I'm mad right now. F--- it. I'm not as swift as I usually am.

"That's the first time I've ever been spit in my face in my life. And that's the worst thing you can do to a man as another man, spit in somebody's face. Why would you do that? Why would you try to? Because you're scared of me? Really? Spit on me and then walk away real fast and let your team protect you? That's what he did."


Funny, huh?

Anyways, I Tony Sparano has requested that the NFL review the incident, and if they do see the footage I included above I think they will obviously be able to tell.

I don't know what the ramifications of McClain's actions would be, though, but I still want to see him punished. I especially hate how he backed up after he spit, too. I agree with Crowder that he is a coward. McClain is just mad that he is the 3rd string running back and Crowder is a starter.

Thanks for reading, and I am sorry that I didn't post anything yesterday. I had another migraine, so I wasn't able to do anything.

Subscribe to DolphinShout