The Miami Dolphins: All Peaches and Cream...Not!

We here on the Shout have been praising Jeff Ireland and the staff for what they have done this year. It really does look promising doesn't it? The Miami Dolphins have allowed a few players to move on that seem to be having declining careers. You know who they are so I won't mention their names. They are gone and there is nothing we can do about it. Some of us, myself included, agree with the moves, and others do not. Neither of us is wrong.

I am not so foolish to think that EVERY move the Dolphins have made will work out. Losing Reggie Bush is not something that can be just written off with the promise of Lamar Miller, or anyone else for that matter. The fact is we really don't know. When we let Bush go I think it said more about what direction the team was heading in than what they felt about Reggie Bush's ability. My thoughts were they are going to put more on Tannehill and the passing game than what they were willing to put into the running game. I think we are going to see quite a bit more about what the west coast offense is all about next year. Last year was no more than a stepping stone for what the future will be.

As I look into that future it looks brighter than what it has for a long time. That is not me being an optimist. The fact is I am neither an optimist nor a pessimist. I try to keep everything real. I trust that people will do the right thing, but I never count on that happening. And so it goes with the Miami Dolphins.

I trust that the moves the Dolphins made this year will work out, but will they? Not all of the moves will be good ones and not all will be bad ones, regardless of how they look on paper. Some of the players brought in will have injuries and others will, for lack of a better word, suck. They will not be near what we thought they would be. Which ones they will be I have no idea.

Philbin and Ireland have taken a bold step. They are turning the team over to Tannehill. They have taken a chance on Ellerbe, Wheeler, and Jordan. They have done the same with their wide receiver and running back positions. I like the moves, but I know they will not all work out.