Bill Parcells: Is He Giving Up On The Miami Dolphins?

Bill Parcells.

Love him or hate him, it doesn't matter. He is still a master at putting together good teams.

Under his contract with the Miami Dolphins he was supposed to be the Executive Vice President of Football Operations for four years. He was going into his third year, which means he was supposed to stay for two more years.

But, the Dolphins have announced that Parcells is stepping down, and he will just be a consultant for the team.

I can't help but wonder whether he is giving up on Miami. It has not been the best preseason for the team, and maybe he is trying to leave before a bad season. I am not saying that the Dolphins are going to have a bad season, but I am saying there is a possibility.

Injuries have been killer to the Dolphins, and they have been especially bad on the offensive line. An offense is only as good as it's offensive line, and if our offensive line is hurt, so will our offense's production. Brandon Marshall can only do so much if Chad Henne gets sacked before he can throw him the ball.

I really do hope that the Dolphins will turn out good, but Parcells leaving the team early might be a bad sign.

On the optimistic side, though, maybe he is leaving because he has already worked his magic. Maybe the strong foundations have already been put in and he does not see anything else he can do. Maybe the Dolphins are better off than they appear.

I'm not sure which one it is, but I sure hope it is the latter. I don't want to suffer through any more years of mediocrity.

It is incredible to me how I was so optimistic about the team a month ago, and now I am not nearly as excited about this team. Let's just hope everything turns out ok.

Subscribe to DolphinShout