Will Reggie Bush Continue His Good Play?

In the Miami Dolphins past two games Reggie Bush has had a combined 262 yards from scrimmage and a touchdown. He ran for over 100 yards in a game for just the second time in his NFL career two weeks ago and was 8 yards shy of another 100 last week.

A few weeks ago I had just assumed that the Dolphins would either release or trade him at the end of the season, but that may not be the case anymore. He has played really well as the premier back with Daniel Thomas injured, and I think that if he keeps this up Miami will keep him for next season.

What I want to know is do you guys think that he will continue to play like he is playing, or were the past two games just against bad run defenses and we can't expect more like that from Bush?

I hope that Bush can continue what he is doing, and I think that he might be able to. He is already on pace to run for more yards than he ever has in a season in his career. He is running between the tackles very well, which is something he has never really done well before.

The only thing "standing in his way" is the fact that Daniel Thomas will be coming back. Thomas is a great runner that has been a real pleasant surprise. He is very physical and more than capable of pounding it out for a few extra yards. That isn't to say that he isn't very fast, though, because he is.

Bush may continue playing the same way that he has been playing these past couple of weeks, he just won't get as many touches or opportunities.

I do have to say, though. I am very happy at what we have at running back. At the beginning of the season I was worried about the Dolphins run game a little because we had an unproven rookie and a "washed up" running back who could never seem to run between the tackles.

Obviously, I feel much better know. Hopefully we will keep both backs for at least another season.

Thanks for stopping by, and let me know what you think.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter