Yes, I am in Favor of "Suck For Luck" and Yes, I am Still a Miami Dolphins Fan

I have officially joined the ever-growing "Suck for Luck" crowd. I am now in favor of the Miami Dolphins doing what it takes to get the first overall pick in next year's draft and select Andrew Luck.

Yes, that means that I am rooting for the Miami Dolphins to lose. Do I hate rooting against the Dolphins? Absolutely, but it is a necessary evil. The sacrifice of one season that is already lost is worth it when the reward is 15 years with a franchise quarterback regarded as the next Peyton Manning, John Elway, or Aaron Rodgers.

I have been studying quarterbacks, and I can say with absolute certainty that Luck is head and shoulders better than any other prospect. I like Matt Barkley, and I have him ranked as my second best quarterback prospect in this draft, but he is nowhere near Luck.

As a side note, I would also like to add that I don't think that Landry Jones is as good as most people view him to be. I just don't know what they see in him. I don't know the numbers for this, but I feel like 90% of his throws are to a receiver who is either behind the line or no farther than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have to make very big throws ever. The offense Oklahoma runs is all about short passes, and it makes Jones look like a superstar.

Luck, on the other hand, makes his entire offense look good. Instead of being a product of the offense like Landry Jones, the Stanford offense is a product of Andrew Luck's abilities. Luck has the rare ability to pick apart defenses with any receiving group. I think of him like Tom Brady in that regard. Brady doesn't need big time receivers and he can throw for 517 yards and four touchdowns against the Dolphins, and I don't think that Luck does either.

If you take this current Miami Dolphins team and put Andrew Luck on it, you have a playoff team. I would argue that with Luck the Dolphins would be 6-1 right now, with their only loss coming in the season opener against the Patriots. Every other game this season is winnable with a quarterback like Luck in the game.

What I want to know from those of you who don't agree with Suck for Luck is this: What does Miami have to gain from winning a game or two this year? I honestly don't know and want to know what someone who wants the Dolphins to win sees in a win that would likely take Andrew Luck away from Miami.

I also wanted to clear something up about the whole "Suck for Luck" movement. This has been said before, but some people don't seem to get this point. Us fans who are in favor of sucking for Luck don't actually expect players and coaches to give up. We understand that no player or coach who is paid a lot of money to do their job would ever willingly lose. We are just rooting for them to not be good enough to win. I do not expect a player to just not play to their fullest abilities in a game or a coach to intentionally call the wrong play. That would be insane to expect.

So now I want to hear what you guys have to say about "Suck for Luck." I am planning on being heavily involved in the discussion for this post unlike most times, so expect more of my input.

Thanks for stopping by, and get to discussing.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter