My First Post: Don't Worry Miami Dolphins Fans, Jason Taylor Is Replaceable

I hope I have this correct because I'm not great when it comes to all the tech stuff.

I've been thinking as many of us have been and I was wondering: who is going to replace Jason Taylor? What I'm wondering is, why all the worry?

We seem to be thinking that Wake isn't up to the task for some reason. I hear the people questioning whether Wake can set the edge on running plays and can he drop back in coverage? To be honest, I don't get what all the worry is. Jason couldn't do any of those things against the run or coverage.

He was always a liability in the running game. Most of the time he was so intent to get his sacks he took himself out the play and face it his coverage skills were well, lets just say not very good.

Yea, yea I know I'm going to take some heat on this, I understand I'm taking on what most fans feel is an icon for the Dolphins. So it's not going to be popular.

I know in his prime he could bring it, and in that time he, along with Zack, was about all we had. Jason Taylor was a great player. But when I hear the talk about Wake being one dimensional it makes me laugh. Do you see the double standard that I see?

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't glad when the Dolphins didn't sign Taylor, but I still have to say that I agree with you in a way. He had the mindset of a defensive lineman, and not a linebacker. He went where Miami needed him last year, and that's fine but he isn't a natural LB

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Brother felt the same way that you do. LB was not his position. If he was moved to LB when he first came up I know he would have been a great LB also.

    I'm wondering how that green team to our North will use him. LB or DE, not that I care. I'm waiting to see the backside of his pants being the same color of his jersey when Jake Long gets finished with him :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me, but I expect they will probably keep him at LB. I'm not sure, though.

    ReplyDelete