Ronnie Brown Would Like To Stay With The Miami Dolphins, But Can He?

Miami Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown told the Miami Herald that he would like to stay with the Dolphins after his contract ends this year.

While I am not sure that the Dolphins are going to want to bring Brown in, I think it would be a good idea for them to. I know a few weeks ago I said that I thought Miami should get rid of Brown, but now that I think about it, he could still be a great running back.

The only catch to that is that he will be a great #2 running back. The Dolphins need a premiere #1 back who is capable of putting up big numbers every week, and Brown doesn't seem to be able to do that anymore. I wish he could, but he hasn't seemed to be able to anymore.

I am not saying that I want the Miami Dolphins to go and get a running back in the first round of the draft, though, because I want them to go after the quarterback then. Maybe they could pick up a lot of backs in the later rounds and hope for a diamond in the rough, or they could trade for a good one from another team.

I am afraid that there is a good chance that they will keep Brown as the #1 back still, though. Miami's running game has been hurting this year, but replacing our running back is not as necessary as replacing our quarterback, which is why I think the Dolphins may end up resigning Brown even if they want to go after a better back in the draft.

It is also likely that Ronnie will be willing to take a pay cut to come back to South Florida. Brown has lived in Miami since he was drafted in 2005, and he loves it there, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a smaller salary than what he would be able to get somewhere else.

As always, we will see what happens, and please feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks for reading.

Subscribe to DolphinShout