Miami Dolphins Should Consider Drafting JacQuizz Rodgers

There is a lot of talk about the Miami Dolphins drafting RB Mark Ingram in the first round of the NFL Draft.

While Ingram would be a great addition, I do not think that the Dolphins should use their first pick for a running back. That pick needs to be used on a potential franchise quarterback. Instead, I propose an alternative that will hopefully still fix Miami's running back situation while allowing them to draft a quarterback in the first.

That alternative is JacQuizz Rodgers, running back for the Oregon State Beavers. Rodgers is very small, standing at just 5-7 and weighing 191 pounds. His size may not be perfect for the NFL, but his quickness and agility make him an incredible prospect. I have embedded a video so you guys can see some of what he is capable of:



I expect Rodgers to be taken some time in the 4th round, and the main reason he won't be chosen any earlier is his size. Running backs as small as him normally aren't any more than just third down backs, and he will have to bulk up if he ever wants to be an every-down back (which I think he could do).

Him bulking up could take a couple of years, so I think it would be smart for Miami to look to free agency. They could find a back like Cedric Benson or DeAngelo Williams to take the bulk of the carries while we wait for Rodgers to develop.

I want to know what you guys think. Should the Dolphins take Rodgers and sign a free agent or take Ingram in the first round?

Let me know what you think. I look forward to your comments.