Jeremy Shockey Seems Less And Less Likely To Join The Miami Dolphins As Each Day Passes

Last Thursday I told you about Jeremy Shockey potentially joining the Miami Dolphins, and I was almost certain that Miami would be signing him within 24 hours of the post.

Well, that obviously didn't happen, and I don't know if they will be signing him at all anymore.

Miami has been silent about Shockey after it was reported that he passed a physical given by them. I assumed that they were just being silent while they figured out the details of a contract with Shockey, but I was wrong.

What really makes me think that the Dolphins won't be signing him are multiple reports saying that he will be visiting the Carolina Panthers for a physical. On the surface this just looks like a player exploring all of his options, but in reality I believe it is him looking for another team after he and the Dolphins failed to come to an agreement.

This is disappointing news for me because I would have liked for him to come and be a compliment to Anthony Fasano. Fasano is a more "conservative" tight end, while Shockey is much more "aggressive" and attacks downfield.

That is all I have time for today. I apologize for a shorter post, but I am in a hurry.

Thanks for reading, and let me know your reactions.