Manning? Here?

Who really knows? I certainly have no inside information, and I suggest anyone that says they do is full of pure hogwash and speculation. So you won't read from me any of that talk, because honestly, I don't know.

This is purely to point out what Peyton Manning could mean to the Miami Dolphins if he came here. Over the past 5 years the Dolphins have really struggled with the play of there QB. Other than Chad Pennington, and the second half of last year with Matt Moore at the controls the QB play has been abysmal in my opinion. The play of all the combined QBs is a major reason why the team has such turn over in the coaching staff and front office personnel.

Contrary to what many people think that has not been the owners fault. Our owners have done all they can do to fix the problem of the QB. Other than being a bit of a buffoon at times Boss Ross has done what you would want an owner to do. I know everyone isn't going to agree with me on this matter, and that is OK with me.

In the past 5 years from 2007 - 2011, Peyton Manning has had a QB rating of over 90.0, he has passed for 17,000 yards, and he has thrown for 125 TDs. These numbers include the 2011 season in which he never stepped on the field.

In that same time span of 5 years the Dolphins have with myriad of QBs at the helm, 7 to be exact have accumulated these numbers. QB rating 75.8, Passing yards 17940, and 84 TDs. Again keep in mind all these QBs did this in the past 5 years, and Peyton Manning did his damage in the same time frame but only played 4 years.

Now I'm not a mental giant, but it doesn't take much to see that Peyton Manning would really help this team. Projecting Peyton numbers to the Dolphins he would have accounted for about 4500 yards, 28.5 TDs, and a QB rating of about 90.0 for last year. People that is 8.5 more TDs for our team last year. Don't you think that would have helped us ?

I seldom advocate any players, all I want is the Miami Dolphins to win games. I don't care how they do it. Whether it's the Defense, Offense, or the Special Teams, I want to see this team win more games than what they have been. I feel Peyton Manning will go along way to bringing more wins to the Dolphins. I don't know about you, but I am all in on more wins.

Now here comes the disclaimer. Bringing Peyton Manning here doesn't mean the team will be any better. I can't tell you if he is a good fit for Joe Philbin's offense. Nor can I say if it is good for the team in the long run. I will leave that up to all of you to tell us here at the Dolphin Shout what Manning would mean to this team if he came here.