NFL Network Analyst: Miami Dolphins Should Sign Terrell Owens

I think that we can all agree that the Miami Dolphins don't have the best receiving corps in the league. I don't think that the Dolphins have a bad group of receivers, but I don't see us anywhere near a pass-heavy team like the Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, or any of those teams.

Miami has a few young guys with a lot of promise, but until they actually do something when it matters their "promise" doesn't mean that much.

So, what does NFL Network Analyst Jamie Dukes suggest that the Dolphins do to fix their "receiver woes"? Here is exactly what he said on NFL Network, courtesy of James Walker of ESPN:

"The guy Miami needs to bring in - I’ve said it before and I will keep saying it - is Terrell Owens. Terrell Owens, I believe if healthy, is a top-25 receiver. He had a great year in Cincinnati and Chad Ochocinco and T.O. have worked together before in Cincinnati."



Is the great Terrell Owens a top-25 receiver if healthy? I think that you could argue that he is.

Is it worth taking on all of the problems and off-the-field issues that he carries with him? Not at all. I don't care if Terrell Owens was capable of being among the top 15 receivers in the NFL. He brings everything that the Dolphins were trying to get rid of when they traded Brandon Marshall back, and he (probably) would be even worse than Marshall.

I don't care if he worked well with Chad Ochocinco. I don't care if the two are good friends. Terrell Owens is not worth the headache that he would bring to the Miami Dolphin coaches, players, and fans.

I had no problem with Miami signing Chad Ochocinco. He has his quirks, and he loves to talk, but he's harmless. In fact, he is actually a good guy. He is extremely generous to fans and has always given back to them. T.O., on the other hand, is a completely different monster.

I think that Owens could be successful with the right coach, quarterback, etc., but Miami isn't the right place for him.

Plus, we don't want another one of these.


Thanks for stopping by. What do you think about the Miami Dolphins and Terrell Owens?

Feel free to contact me at paul@dolphinshout.com. I'm also on twitter at @PaulDSmythe.