Brandon Marshall: "Hopefully I get kicked out in the second quarter"

Wait, did he really just say that? Did Brandon Marshall just say that he hopes that he will be kicked out of the Miami Dolphins game against the New York Jets in the second quarter?

During his first public comments since the Dolphins lost to the Chargers, Marshall had all of this to say courtesy of Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald (I am just going to post all of his comments up for you, because you really need to see what he said).
"I think the past four games have been tough for me, trying to control some things, and, hey man, I'm just going to let it out"
"I don't care if I have two, three cameras on me. I don't care if I have penalties. It doesn't matter; I'm going to let it all out. I don't care what you guys write or what the commentators say. I'm just going to play football. That's what I’m best at. I'm best when I play emotional. I'm best when I play with passion. You guys are going to see that on Monday Night Football. I don't know if it's throwing a football 15 yards in the bleachers, or getting a 15-yarder [penalty], or punting the ball and getting thrown out of the game. But something is going to happen. I'll probably get kicked out after the second quarter."
"I'm not joking. I'm serious. They want to fine me, hit me with a $50,000 fine. I'm going to play. The quarter and a half I'm out there, I'm going to play like a monster. I might get into a fight with Bart Scott, Cromartie, we pretty much matured our relationship a little bit. We used to fight in Denver and San Diego. If that happens, it happens. We'll see."
Um, what? I really hope that he doesn't actually get kicked out. That would be really, really annoying. I understand that he is trying to figure out why he isn't playing like he used to, but getting kicked out won't help anything.

What are your thoughts? This seems really absurd to me, but then again, what about Marshall hasn't been absurd so far this year?

Oh, and he also wants to be known as the monster and not the beast anymore. Something about monsters only scare you and don't hurt you, but beasts do hurt you. Who knows.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow me on twitter @PaulDSmythe.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter