Put Suck For Luck Aside For A Week, It's Time To Beat The Jets

So I know that some of you like the idea of the Miami Dolphins sucking for Andrew Luck. It is an intriguing idea because you get, essentially, the next Peyton Manning at the cost of one bad season. I don't think that any team should intentionally lose, and I know that the players would never do that, but I can't say that I will be disappointed if the Dolphins keep losing.

I would like Miami to start winning, but it is not going to happen so I am starting to hope that they keep losing. The possibility of Andrew Luck is really starting to get to me. Think about it. Years and years of losing because we have no quarterback will finally be over, and we can get a player who is predicted to be one of the best in the league. It sounds too good to be true, but it isn't. If Miami is the worst team in the league, then it will come true, and the pain of the last decade will finally be over. So for the rest of the season I will not be rooting for the Dolphins to lose, but I will not mind a loss one bit.

Well actually, I won't mind a loss in any game except for one: this week's matchup against the New York Jets. I want a win this week for the simple reason that I want Miami to grab the dagger that has already entered the heart of the Jets and twist it. I want them to be the shovel that deepens the hole just deep enough so that New York won't be able to climb out of. I want the Dolphins to be the knockout punch that sends the trash-talking fighter to the canvas for good.

In a season full of disappointment, I want one Dolphins game that I can enjoy watching and enjoy the result of. The Jets have a losing record of 2-3 after a loss to the Patriots last week, and the idea of putting the obnoxious Rex Ryan's team at 2-4 should make any Dolphins fan giddy. It is still early in the season, but if Miami were able to beat the Jets, then they could put them pretty darn close to being out of the playoffs. The Bills and Patriots are both 4-1, so a loss would put the Jets in a very, very deep hole that would be hard to get out of.

Wouldn't it be great if Miami was the team to put them in that hole? I sure think it would. So, we can all put away our Suck for Luck thoughts for a week and root for the Dolphins to beat the Jets this week.

Thank you guys for stopping by. The comments are below as always ready for your feedback and thoughts.

Be sure to like us on Facebook, follow me on twitter @PaulDSmythe, and share this post with your friends.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter