Don't Be Worried About The Miami Dolphins Offense After Saturday's Scrimmage

Photo courtesy of: Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
There are some people that might be a little worried about the offense of the Miami Dolphins after Saturday's scrimmage, and let me just tell you to not be one of them.

At first glance it may seem like the performance was a bad sign, but that isn't really that bad. The Dolphins were just coming off of their first week of training camp. They haven't really worked with 11 men on the field since the end of last season.

You can't expect a team that has never worked together fully to be able to work together perfectly the first time. The offense just needs time to work together and to be in sync.

So, don't worry about our offense. They are going to be fine. They just need some tiem to work together.

That is what preseason is for. That is also a reason why I am opposed to taking away preseason games. If you give teams more time to work in the preseason, which is valuable for teams. I know it seems like I am going off topic, but I figured I would include that because I really oppose the extended schedule.

Back to Miami, though. One really good thing about the scrimmage was the defensive performance. The Dolphins defense did really well, and let's hope that carries over into the regular season because that was our biggest weakness last year.

I can't wait to see how they do with their new and improved.

So don't worry about the offense, and get excited about the defense. Everything will fall in to place soon enough.

Subscribe to DolphinShout