Pat White's Impact On The Miami Dolphins Was Minimal, So His Release Is Not A Bad Move


News has surfaced that Pat White is not going to play Friday against the Falcons, which most likely means that he will not make the team.

I was one of the people that supported Pat White and said that the Miami Dolphins should give him another year, and I still think he can do some pretty good things. But, it looks like that is not going to happen so I have to analyze what his release would mean.

Though I don't think that we should release him yet, his release is still helpful. It opens up a spot for one of the Dolphins players with a lot of upside. It can give the Dolphins more depth at a position of weakness instead of a fourth quarterback. White would probably only play during trick plays, so we do not need him as much as another position.

The thing I was thinking Miami could do with him was that he could run the wildcat if Ronnie Brown ever leaves and Ricky Williams retires. I know he may not be the best at running the play, but he could get really good if he works at it a few years with the team that brought the play to the NFL.

They did it with Ronnie Brown, so why wouldn't they be able to with White?

Oh well, it probably isn't going to happen. So, now we will be able to just focus on getting a new player. I know he isn't gone yet, but the writing is on the wall. He will be.

That's all for now. Let me know what you think about White. Is Miami better off with or without him?

Subscribe to DolphinShout