Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams Wants To Return For More Than This Season

Ricky Williams
For any of you that have been following Ricky Williams these last few years since he has returned, you might remember that he had said that he planned on retiring after this season.

Well, in a recent report Ricky said the following:

"I would like to get a year extension with the Miami Dolphins, play this year and next year and then really focus on my schooling"

I don't know how many of you know, but Ricky enjoys a lot other things than football. He does meditation a lot, and cares very much about getting more of an education. It isn't that he doesn't have a good education, either. He just wants to further it.

So, with all that in mind, I wasn't really sure whether he would want to return. He is a very busy man, and I didn't know if he wanted to play longer than this year. To my relief, though, he wants to play an additional year.

Now, it is up to the Miami Dolphins to give him the extension he desires. Technically, they don't have to worry about his contract until next off-season. But, I think it would be a good move for the Dolphins to give him an extension.

Doing so will show Ricky that the teams wants him around. An extra vote of confidence will give Ricky even more desire to play well. He is the type of player who cares about the people around him, so he will definitely want to do well for the team who trusts him.

I know it may sound unimportant to you, but I believe that he really would do better with an extension now.

I, for one, am just glad to hear that Ricky wants to return. He is a valuable player, and we could really use him running the ball. Ronnie Brown is good, but he can't carry the running load himself due to injuries.

So, let us see what happens. Don't be surprised if the Dolphins don't give him an extension, but you should definitely be excited if they do. Ricky is an important part of the team, and I would hope that Miami treats him like that.

Subscribe to DolphinShout