While The Rest Of The World Mourns Brett Favre's Retirement, Miami Dolphins Fans Can Rejoice

The news of Brett Favre supposedly leaning towards retirement has come out today.

I will operate under the premise that he actually will retire and assume he will no longer play football in the NFL.

Things could change, but I don't see Favre changing his mind yet again.

Image courtesy of Vikingvigil.com
Anyways, while a lot of people in the NFL are sad to see Favre go, Miami Dolphins fans should be very, very happy, and that is because Miami plays the Vikings in Week 2 this season.

The Dolphins once extremely daunting early schedule now seems a little less harsh. I am not saying that the Vikings game will be easy, because it won't. I just think that it will be easier because they don't have to deal with Favre. The Vikings are still talented, they just don't have as much talent.

The Dolphins have also started their season slowly the past two years and dug themselves in a hole before the season had hardly begun. Miami's first two games are against Buffalo and the Vikings.

Now that Favre is out, the first two games look a whole lot easier.

Don't look now, but the Miami Dolphins may start off their season 2-0 instead of 0-2 or worse like they have the last two years.

Also, on a different note, I am glad that Brett Favre retired simply because I don't like him much. I have rooted against him for a while now, and I am kind of glad that he is finally gone. I am not glad that he is having injury concerns, because I never want anyone to be in pain or injured, so don't try and make me look like an evil person.

I'm just tired of him. That's all.

Subscribe to DolphinShout