Matt Moore To The Miami Dolphins? Really?

Here we go again. In yet another dumb move by the Miami Dolphins organization, the Dolphins have elected to pass up on Kyle Orton, a QB who is a proven starter capable of putting up big time numbers, and instead sign Matt Moore, a 2nd-string QB at best with passer rating last season of 55.6.

I'm not going to say that this was as big of a mistake as passing up on Ryan Mallett in the draft because I still believe not taking Mallett will be one of the biggest mistakes in the entire history of the Miami Dolphins organization, but I will say that it is a terrible decision that just makes you wonder whether Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano are trying to make us fans mad and not want to come to games.

Sure, Orton came with a much bigger price tag (2nd or 3rd round pick to the Broncos and give him a big contract) than Moore (2 year contract worth $5-7.5 million depending on his ability to meet incentives), but Orton would have actually been successful in Miami. Moore will, more than likely, not help at all. If anything he will probably hurt the Dolphins.

Miami should have taken the risk and traded for Orton, but they decided to go the safe route and end up looking like idiots in the process. A 2nd round draft pick and $7 million a year is not that much to pay for a player of Orton's caliber who could fix the Dolphins problems, but instead they elected to sign Moore and are essentially throwing away $2.5 million a year.

So congratulations Jeff Ireland, you have made your fan base angry yet again. I get the feeling that making Miami Dolphins fans angry is your main goal, because it certainly isn't making us happy.

Thank you everyone for stopping by. I had hoped to be a little more pleased with the results of free agency when I returned from my vacation, but too bad for me.

I do want to say that I have not given up on Chad Henne. I still think he will be able to turn it around this year, I just don't think he would have been able to do as well as Orton. Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano are definitely putting all of their eggs in one basket on this one. They better hope that Henne really is as good as they are counting on him to be. They will live and die by Sir Chad Henne's Sword.

One last thing, I saw this hilarious tweet today that I had to share with you guys. Please know that is does have some language in it. Click here for the tweet.

Thanks again for stopping by, and let me hear your reactions.