Miami Dolphins CB Vontae Davis Expresses Confidence in Him and Sean Smith

While talking to the media, Miami Dolphins CB Vontae Davis had this to say about him and Sean Smith, courtesy of Matt Forman of the Miami Herald:
"I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're the best tandem in the league. That's what I'm going to say. You can name all of the other tandems across the league. I'll put it out there: We're the best tandem."
Whether you agree with him or not, you have to like that he has confidence in him and his partner's abilities. I kind of agree with him because I think that they are among the best tandems, but I don't know if they are the best quite yet. Can they be? Absolutely, but they aren't number one quite yet.

That doesn't mean I have a problem with what he is saying, because I don't. I love what he is saying, and they are going to get the chance to prove that they are the best early on against the Patriots Week 1.

Davis is not really a household name like Revis or Asomugha, though I believe he should be considered up there with them. Sean Smith is even less of a household name, but that will probably change after this season. Most people don't realize how good these two are individually, and together they can be really dangerous.

Who knows? Maybe they'll be just like Patrick Surtain and Sam Madison? I believe it is very possible, and we could see that happen as soon as this season.

Thanks for stopping by, and let me know what you think about what Vontae said and about Davis and Smith together.