Miami Dolphins Release Kory Sheets and Sign Larry Johnson

The Miami Dolphins have released 26 year old RB Kory Sheets and signed 31 year old Larry Johnson to replace him, per the Miami Herald.

This is disappointing news for a lot of us fans who thought highly of Sheets, but I have to say that I agree with the move after what I've heard about Sheets recently. From what I can tell he has lost a step and isn't as shifty since he was out for the season last year with a torn achilles tendon. You can't help but feel bad for the kid because he had a lot of potential that he may never be able to reach because of an injury.

I don't believe that the signing of Larry Johnson will have much effect on the Dolphins offense. He may get a few touchdowns (or just carries) on the goal line, but don't expect anything more from him. I still think that Lousaka Polite (arguably the best fullback in the NFL) will be the main short yardage runner in Miami.

There was talk about the Dolphins possibly signing Clinton Portis after releasing Sheets, but they ultimately decided to bring Johnson in instead.

All in all, I like this move. Bring in Johnson, who has been very successful before, and let him battle for a better spot in the lineup. If he doesn't end up doing well, then who cares? It's not like Miami was relying on him anyways.

We'll see what happens. Thanks for stopping by, and let me know what you think.