Comparing Chad Henne's Salary Efficiency to other NFL QBs

This is a follow up to my previous blog post.

All statistics and salaries are from the 2009-2010 season.

First, we will compare Henne's completions, touchdowns, yards, and passer rating to his salary

Chad Henne
Salary - $950,340
Completions - 274
Salary per completion - $3468
Touchdowns - 12
Salary per touchdown - $79195
Yards - 2,878
Salary per yard - $330
Passer Rating - 75.2
Salary per passer rating - $12637

Now, here are some more players' salary efficiency statistics with how they compare to Henne

Tom Brady

Salary - $8,007,280
Completions - 371
Salary per completion - $21582 - more than Henne
Touchdowns - 28
Salary per touchdown - $285974 - more than Henne
Yards - 4,398
Salary per yard - $1820 - more than Henne
Passer Rating - 96.2
Salary per passer rating - $83235 - more than Henne

Peyton Manning

Salary - $14,005,720
Completions - 393
Salary per completion - $35637 - more than Henne
Touchdowns - 33
Salary per touchdown - $424415 - more than Henne
Yards - 4,500
Salary per yard - $3112 - more than Henne
Passer Rating - 99.9
Salary per passer rating - $140197 - more than Henne

Eli Manning

Salary - $20,500,000
Completions - 317
Salary per completion - $64668 - more than Henne
Touchdowns - 27
Salary per touchdown - $759259 - more than Henne
Yards - 4,021
Salary per yard - $5098 - more than Henne
Passer Rating - 93.1
Salary per passer rating - $220193 - more than Henne


I am not saying Chad Henne is better than any of these quarterbacks, though I hope he will be one day. I am just looking at the numbers. It is kind of incredible that Eli Manning was payed three quarters of a million dollars for every touchdown he threw.

If you would like me to analyze the numbers for another QB not listed here you can either comment on this post asking or feel free to email me at dolphinshout@yahoo.com.

I cannot guarantee that I will be able to do it, but I will try my best.

Sources:

NFL.com - player stats
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/chad-henne/535271 - for Henne's salary
http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?player=225 - for Brady's salary
http://content.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?player=1448 - for Peyton Manning's Salary
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/eli-manning/200425 - for Eli Manning's salary

To leave a comment click on the link that tells how many comments have been left. It is right below this next to the email link

 Subscribe to Dolphin Shout

2 comments:

  1. I don't see any relevance between pay and play. It doesn't show who is a better QB. That's what QB ratings are for.

    I don't care if Henne makes 100k a year or 100000k a year. It doesn't matter. Wins matter that's all. No one can doubt that. In my mind the best QB to ever play the game that I have seen is Marino. Yet all we hear is he never won the big one. So the honor of best ever goes to Joe Montana. Give me a break, Montana couldn't have held Marino's Jock strap when it came to passing. But Dan never won "the big one" so he gets passed over for the best ever.

    It comes down to winning if Henne QBs the Dolphins to wins and the playoffs then he will be a great QB. Even if he throws 20 ints. a year. The amount of money he makes won't mean a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm just interested in stats and pay. I like crunching numbers. It gives me something to do if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete