Are Ronnie Brown And Ricky Williams Not In The Miami Dolphins Plans?

A couple of days ago I told you about Miami Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland's comments about the running back position and who he was looking to add to the position.

What I didn't think about at the time was that he did not mention Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams at all, and he didn't seem like he cared to have either back.

I am a little bit disappointed in this, to be honest. I think that the Dolphins should at least try and sign Brown. I have been watching film on the Dolphins this year, and Brown has actually been pretty good. He just had some trouble because of his poor offensive line. I also like that Brown knows how to use the wildcat, which will add to his value.

The thought of Brown going to another team where they could use him for the wildcat is a scary one to me. Imagine a team with a great offensive line picking him up and implementing the wildcat into their offense. I can honestly see the New York Jets trying to get him and then running the wildcat. I think they could use another back, and they have run the wildcat pretty successfully with Brad Smith. Imagine what they would be able to do with the most experienced wildcat back in the NFL.

Brown to the Jets is a scary thought to me, but it is something the Jets would do. Partly because they see what he would be able to do, but also because they would love to capitalize on a Miami mistake.

I would also like them to at least consider bringing Williams back as well. Ricky did a good job with the amount of carries he was given. I think he deserves a chance. He has recently said that he would like to come back to Miami, too.

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think about the two and the Dolphins not seeming interested in either.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter