Chad Pennington To Take Year Off And Work For FOX Sports

Chad Pennington, starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins three seasons ago has announced that he will be taking the year off and working for FOX Sports, according to a report by Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post.

Pennington left open the possibility of returning for the 2012-2013 season, but I hope for his sake that he doesn't actually try and return. Pennington has injured his shoulder four times and just recently tore his ACL this offseason. He just cannot avoid injuries, and I don't want him to subject his body to the beating it will take in the NFL again.

It is a shame to see him go to FOX, though. I really wanted him to take some sort of coaching job with the Dolphins. I think he would be a tremendous coach. It's basically what he did when Chad Henne was starting, so it would have been cool to see him actually get the official title as a coach.

I also want to make sure that we remember how he helped lead the Miami Dolphins to a 11-5 record during the 2008-2009 NFL season. He helped end that terrible playoff drought, and he gave us fans a lot of optimism.

I wish Chad the best, and hopefully he will have a very successful broadcasting career.

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you guys thought of Pennington and his career.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter