Revisiting Plaxico Burress And The Miami Dolphins

Plaxico Burress was released from prison yesterday, so I wanted to start back up the discussion of whether the Miami Dolphins should pursue him or not.

Plaxico has not really ever been a superstar receiver, but he has still been great. He could be a big threat that defenses would have to pay constant attention to, and I think we can all agree with that. The thing is, I don't really think that the Dolphins actually need him.

Good receiver or not, Miami just doesn't need him. They've got Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Edmond Gates, Roberto Wallace, and Marlon Moore. There is no reason to take Burress in as well.

I wouldn't mind if they brought Burress in, though. Honestly, I think he would be a help. I just don't believe it would be necessary to bring him in. I want Miami to focus on more important positions to spend their money like QB and OL. Save the money that they would have spent on Burress and give it to a player in a more needy position.

Let me know what you think. I know it seems like every team is having this discussion right now, but I think it will be an interesting one. I left the Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne debate up for an extra day because I didn't want to end the discussion, and I am pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks for reading, and let me hear it.

Follow DolphinShout on Twitter