The Final Evaluations: Who Should The Miami Dolphins Draft?

So now that we are just days away from the 2011 NFL Draft I figured it was appropriate to hear the final say on who the Miami Dolphins should pick.

Jeff Ireland has said that he has narrowed down the list of players the Dolphins are considering drafting 15th overall to three. He hasn't said who those three are (I would be concerned if he did), so we are left to speculate.

My guess on who those three players are is OG/C Mike Pouncey, QB Ryan Mallett, and RB Mark Ingram. I wish I could say with certainty that their favorite prospect is Ryan Mallett, but I can't.

Interestingly enough, the lockout was lifted yesterday by Judge Susan Nelson yesterday. I am not exactly sure what this means for the draft, but there is a possibility that players will be traded now. Hopefully Riverdog will clear it up for us below (no pressure Gary).

Back to Miami, though. There is still the obvious possibility that the Dolphins will trade back to a later pick in the first and get a second as well. If they traded back to later in the first they could still possibly get Mallett, and they may be willing to take that risk. It depends on how much they like him. They could just like him so much that they aren't willing to take the risk of waiting until later than 15. That would be great in my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of you don't agree with me.

Now I want you guys to tell me what you think the Dolphins will and should do on Thursday night. This is the final evaluation we will have before the draft. I have it posted today so the discussion can continue into tomorrow.

So let me know what you think. Also, if you haven't seen the Dolphin Shout 2011 NFL Mock Draft please take a minute to at least check it out. It took a lot of time to put together for both me and John, so I would greatly appreciate it if you took a look. Here is the banner linking to the mock:



Thanks for reading, and let me hear your reactions.