Jets Release Jason Taylor, Should The Miami Dolphins Add Him?

Yes or No?
I know that this will touch a sore spot for a lot of Miami Dolphins fans, and that is a big part of the reason why I am putting it up here.

I know almost every Dolphins fan has some sort of opinion of Jason Taylor, whether it is good or bad, and I want to know if you guys would like for him to come back to Miami to either retire or play another year.

Taylor was a Dolphin for 12 seasons, but many people ignore the time he spent in Miami because of the single season he played with the Jets. I will admit that I didn't like the move either, but I understand why he did what he did, and we shouldn't fault him for doing what he did.

The Jets were the only team that showed him any interest at all, so it makes sense that he joined them. Add the fact that they had just come off of an appearance in the AFC Championship game, and it was a pretty easy decision for a veteran player who wanted to start winning immediately.

In New York, Taylor played very well despite only starting five games. His numbers weren't up to where they were during most of his career with the Dolphins, but they were still very good for the amount of playing time he was given.

What I want to know is: should the Dolphins try to sign Taylor and bring him back to Miami?

If they brought him back he would help strengthen the defensive line. As much as some of you guys hate him, he is still a great football player that can make big contributions on the field. I would love to see him and Cameron Wake lining up on opposite sides of the D-line every once in a while and bring the pressure.

At the very least, Miami could do what they did with Zach Thomas and sign Taylor to a one-day deal so he could, at the very least, retire a Dolphin.

Yes, he went to the Jets, but he didn't have a choice. It was either New York or retire. What would you have done if you wanted to continue playing in the NFL?

Now, I want to know what you guys think. Should Miami sign Taylor to any type of deal at all? I look forward to hear your opinions, because I know this is a touchy topic for a lot of Dolphins fans.

Thanks for reading, and let me hear it.