Miami Dolphins Working Out Ryan Mallett Today

The Miami Dolphins are scheduled to work Ryan Mallett out today. Mallett then has a workout scheduled later this week with the Bengals, but I don't expect Cincinnati to actually draft him.

This is an important day to me, and I'm sure most of you know why. I believe Ryan Mallett is the real deal, and he is the player I want the Dolphins to draft the most.

A lot of people don't think Mallett is worth the 15th overall pick, and I don't understand why. He has the best arm of this draft class. His only real problem is his foot speed. Sure it helps to be able to move around in the pocket, but that is a pretty small problem to deal with when paired with his incredible passing ability.

Sure, there are other prospects that the Dolphins could use instead of Mallett, but I believe he is a rare talent and Miami would be foolish to pass him up. Players like Colin Kaepernick and Christian Ponder could end up being really good if the Dolphins drafted them, but I don't believe they can be nearly as good as Mallett can be.

I'm not going to say that he is the next Dan Marino because that didn't work out well last time, but he is a lot closer than Chad Henne.

I doubt we will hear what the Miami Dolphins think about Mallett until after the draft. If they do say anything it will probably just be them trying to mislead other teams.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think.