Report: Colin Kaepernick Scheduled For Workout With The Miami Dolphins

The Miami Dolphins have scheduled a workout with QB prospect Colin Kaepernick of Nevada according to a report by National Football Post.

I am glad to hear that the Dolphins are working Kaepernick out, because I believe they should get another quarterback to compete with Henne for the starting job. I would rather that quarterback be Ryan Mallett, but this could end up working better for Miami because they could trade down for more picks and still get Kaepernick.

Kaepernick, who stands almost as tall as Mallett at 6-6, is a very fast quarterback to go along with his passing skills. He ran for 59 touchdowns and threw for 82 in four years as a starter for Nevada. During his senior year he ran for 20 touchdowns while throwing for 21, which puts him with Tim Tebow and Cam Newton as quarterbacks that have thrown for 20 touchdowns and run for 20 in the same year.

Kaepernick could end up being really good for the Miami Dolphins, and I can see them going after him. He threw the fastest ball at the NFL Combine this year at 59 mph(one faster than Mallett's 58), but I expect Jeff Ireland to be very partial towards Kaepernick more because of his foot speed than his passing speed. Ireland wants speed, so give the man what he wants.

Another reason I think Miami will like Kaepernick a lot is the fact that he started for four years in college. Bill Parcells always wanted the quarterbacks he drafted to be experienced seniors, and Kaepernick more than fits that requirement because of how much he has played.

I know that Parcells isn't supposed to be working for the Dolphins anymore, but I can guarantee you guys that he is still helping a good bit in the draft. I wrote posts on his involvement before, and Stephen Ross is too dependent on him to not take his advice on QBs.

That is all I have for today. Let me know what you think about Kaepernick, Mallet, Parcells, or whoever else. Thanks for reading.